From the best design to the best parental controls, to the ultimate in durability, the 6 best laptops to buy for kids below are the top laptops for kids that will make both. You and your child are both happy.
- Compact and affordable, the Dell Inspiron 11.6-inch 2-in-1 offers a full suite of features that can support both learning and play.
- This Dell laptop is equipped with an Intel Core m3 processor, 4GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive, and a 1366 x 768 LED backlight touch screen. What’s notable for parents is the inclusion of parental controls inside. Windows 10 through the Home Web portal.
- Here you can block specific websites, set screen timers, and limit app and game downloads, essentially creating a fully protective environment for your kids.
- Beyond the specs and parental controls, laptop durability matters, especially to kids, and Dell has tested its hinge more than 20,000 times along with the 25,000 twists of a 2-in-1 display. , ensuring this laptop is durable enough to last for years.
- With the integration of a touch screen with Windows 10, Dell delivers the latest Microsoft features, including support for Word, Excel and PowerPoint for learning. Battery life lasts about 9 hours.
Laptop for your kids at the best price: Lenovo’s Ideapad 100S
- Lenovo’s Ideapad 100S laptop is a great entry in the kid’s laptop category and at a price point, parents are sure to love.
- Ideapad 100S offers 13.6 x 768 11.6-inch screen, 2GB RAM, Intel Atom processor and 32GB eMMC memory.
- It weighs 2.2 pounds, is 0.69 inches thin, and only gets about 10 hours of battery life.
- 32GB of eMMC storage won’t allow for full music or video downloads, but, with Windows 10 and Office support, kids should have no trouble learning.
- Luckily, you can add additional storage (up to 64GB) with an inexpensive microSD card. Like other Windows 10 models, Microsoft’s Family Portal is onboard, providing parents with peace of mind by blocking websites, as well as controlling any child’s downloads.
- Alternatively, parents can set a timer that forces the laptop to shut down to make sure kids don’t stay up too late.
Laptop with the best battery life: Apple’s 13-inch MacBook Air
- If you ignore the price factor, Apple’s MacBook Air is still one of the best laptops.
- Powered by a dual-core Intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of SSD storage, the Air offers up to 12 hours of battery life.
- Also, it weighs only 2.98 pounds and is 3.6 inches thin, so it’s light and easy for kids to carry.
- In addition to its solid performance, the MacBook Air features parental controls to ensure a safe and happy experience for both kids and parents.
- Parents will have peace of mind knowing they can control the websites kids can access, block the use of the built-in camera, and restrict who can be texted via chat apps and e- email attached.
- There’s even more control to restrict app, music, and iBook downloads, and remove access to printer and scanner settings.
Best laptop for parental control: Acer Chromebook R 11
- For parents who want a greater degree of control over their kids’ time online, the Acer Chromebook R 11 could be an outstanding choice.
- The Acer Chromebook can last all day with battery life and a 2-in-1 convertible with an 11.6-inch touchscreen. While its performance may be more than good enough, it’s parent-friendly features.
- On first boot, parents can create an account as a Chromebook owner and enable a feature labeled “supervised user.”
- Once enabled, parents will sign in separately for children and may have websites blacklisted. disabled and capture all web activity in use.
- Additionally, “supervised users” cannot delete their web history, making it viewable for parents who can also enable parental controls on YouTube videos.
- Unlike Apple and Windows laptops, Chromebooks have limited app download capabilities, so you don’t have to worry about viruses.
- Designed for quick and easy Internet access, the Acer R 11 represents parents’ best hopes when it comes to complete control over what their kids do or aren’t allowed to do online.
Best 2-in-1 laptop for kids: Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 might be a bit pricey, but this all-in-one offers a tablet- and laptop-friendly design that kids love.
- Weighing in at 1.73 pounds, internal specs include an Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and 8 hours of battery life.
- The 2-in-1 design offers quick and easy detachment from the Type Cover to convert the Surface into a tablet.
- The 12.3-inch PixelSense display is made for viewing, tapping, and writing on the Surface Pen, a feature quickly adopted by kids.
- With its great features, parents will have peace of mind knowing that Microsoft’s Home Web portal helps lock kids out of questionable websites, as well as restricting screen time to ensure they don’t behave. edit the real world.
Best durable kids laptop: Asus Chromebook C202
- Asus Chromebook C202 is a great laptop for children because it can withstand all the strong bumps when children use it.
- There’s a rubber guard around the entire Asus laptop that helps prevent shock when the laptop is dropped from a height of up to 3.9 feet. And the addition of a spill-resistant keyboard gives parents extra peace of mind.
- Even with all this protection, it’s still light at 2.65 pounds and has 10 hours of battery life.
- C202 is equipped with an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 16 GB memory, 4 GB RAM, and an 11.6 inches anti-glare 1366 x 768 screen.
- Also, as a Chromebook, parents won’t have to deal with potential viruses that can come from other computer platforms.
- Parents will also discover a range of controls that can limit visits to certain websites, add screen time limits, and block potentially harmful extensions on the web. Chrome.