By default, the taskbar in Windows 11 is the right size, but what if you want it to be a bit bigger so that you can see the icons better? On the contrary, what if you want it to be smaller so that more content can be displayed on the screen at once?
The good news is that with a simple registry adjustment, you can set the taskbar to Windows 11 To one of three sizes: small, medium or large, the medium size is the same as the default size. The size will affect the bar itself and any icons in it, including the start, search, and task view buttons.
The height may vary depending on your screen resolution, but on our Full HD screen, the default or medium taskbar height is 48 pixels, the large height is 72 pixels, and the small height is 32 pixels.
How to change the taskbar size in Windows 11
1. Open registration. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R and typing regedit or using the search menu to search for regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced.
3. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value By right-clicking on the right pane and selecting New->DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Name the value TaskbarSi.
5. Settings Go to one of the following to 0, 1, or 2, they give you small, medium or large. You can set this value by double-clicking TaskbarSi.
6. Close registration with Reboot.
You will now have the size of the taskbar icon you set. If you don’t like it, you can go back and change it at any time.And, if you want more changes, you can always Move the taskbar to the top of the Windows 11 desktop or Restore Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 11.